Band aid found in au jus at Colorado hospital cafeteria

November 2, 2017

A paper cut was to blame for the band aid that ended up in the au jus being served at Steamboat Springs, Colo., hospital cafeteria, according to an article on the Steamboat Today website.

UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center officials said steps have been taken to ensure that it does not happen again.

The newspaper learned about the incident after being contacted by Routt County resident Erik Lacasse, who had been at YVMC visiting someone with his 2-year-old grandson.

Lacasse said that soon after they ate a sandwich served with au jus, another customer found a used band aid in the sauce.

"It was gross, but I've seen worse (at other places)," Lacasse said.

Read the article.

 

 

See the latest posts on our homepage


Share

Topic Area: Infection Control


Recent Posts



Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

• News and Updates
• Webcast Alerts
• Building Technologies



All fields are required.