With the future of healthcare dominating the news, more than 200 high-level executives and policymakers will explore how AI and machine learning innovations are transforming the industry at the first-ever LIGHT Forum at Stanford University on May 10-11, 2017.
LIGHT is a pioneering forum designed to connect and engage visionary business and thought leaders in forward-looking dialogue around innovations that are rapidly shaping the future of healthcare. LIGHT attendees will gain leading insights, explore real-world solutions, exchange innovative ideas, and learn best practices from executives in other industries transformed by AI and machine learning
LIGHT will feature exclusive one-on-one conversations with leaders and experts in their respective fields including Peter Brabeck-Letmathe (Chairman of Nestlé), Peter Ohnemus, (Founder and CEO of Dacadoo), John Thornhill (Innovation Editor, Financial Times) and Mike Hudnall (Global CEO, WPP Health & Wellness) among others.
The Forum presents a unique opportunity to engage in high-level panel discussions on topics such as:
- “What’s next for Obamacare?” with Peter Orszag (Vice Chairman of Investment Banking & Managing Director at Lazard), Mark McClellan (Director, Center for Health Policy at Duke University) and Gray Davis (former Governor of California).
- “What the healthcare industry can learn from AI’s transformation of media, entertainment, automotive, and other industries” with Paul Cheesbrough (Chief Technology Officer, 21st Century Fox), Joe Lonsdale (Partner, 8VC and Founder of Palantir and Addepar), Michael Ovitz (Founder & CEO of Broad Beach Ventures LLC) and Paul Ballew (Global Chief Data & Analytics Officer, Ford Motor Company).
- "What new innovations in machine learning and artificial intelligence are reshaping the life sciences, and what are their associated benefits and challenges?" Speakers include Shiva Kumar (Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Watson Health at IBM) and Andrew Maas (Co-Founder and Co-Chief Scientist, Roam Analytics).
- Real World Evidence offers the promise of leveraging a breadth of patient data to make treatment more personalized and effective, but will we get there?” with John Glasspool(Executive Vice President, Head of Corporate Strategy and Customer Operations, Baxalta),Gigi Hirsch (Executive Director, MIT Center for Biomedical Innovation) and Hans-Georg Eichler (Senior Medical Officer, European Medicines Agency).
- “Where will we be in the next five years? What should healthcare CEOs be telling their boards with respect to AI/machine learning-driven change in the sector?” Speakers will include: Ron Cohen (CEO of Acorda) and Jeff Kindler (CEO, Centrexion, former CEO of Pfizer).