Mold was found in a ward of the new Gleneagles Hospital Hong Kong and two patients who had stayed on that floor were confirmed with a fungal infection, according to an article on The Standard website.
The private hospital, which opened in March, has closed level 6B and the Endoscopy Center on the first floor after finding mold in a ward on 6B that has never been used.
The hospital closed and cleaned the whole floor and the center and transferred patients to wards on another floor.
Fungus was found in two patients' bronchoalveolar lavage samples after they had been discharged.
See the latest posts on our homepage