The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI), the nation’s leading nonprofit authority on the use of health IT to create efficiencies in healthcare information exchange and a trusted advisor to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), announced today the election of three new board members to its Board of Directors, as well as the re-election of eight previous board members to serve two-year terms. The WEDI Board of Directors represents a diverse cross-section of the industry including payers, providers, government regulators and industry vendors. This group of executives will strategically drive the organization’s endeavors to promote the use of health IT in improving healthcare information exchange – enhancing quality of care, improving efficiency and reducing costs.
New board members include:
- Laurie Burckhardt, WPS Health Solutions (Health Plan)
- Crystal Ewing, ZirMed (Vendor)
- Laurie Woodrome, LabCorp (Provider)
Re-elected board members include:
- Durwin Day, Health Care Service Corporation (Health Plan)
- John Kelly, Edifecs (Vendor)
- Deborah Meisner, Change Healthcare (Vendor)
- Ryan Reddick, Anthem (Health Plan)
- Erin Richardson, Federation of American Hospitals (Provider)
- Samuel E. Rubenstein, Montefiore Medical Center (Provider)
- Debra Strickland, Conduent (Vendor)
- Robert Tennant, Medical Group Management Association (Provider)
To learn more, visit www.wedi.org.