The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) recently launched its new learning management system (LMS), 1095 Learn. The LMS supports 1095 Strong, quality every day, a call-to-action spearheaded by AAAHC to provide ambulatory health care leaders with best practices for operationalizing quality improvement. AAAHC-accredited organizations can leverage the 1095 Learn portal to optimize their quality practices and to access readiness resources throughout all 1,095 days of their accreditation or certification term.
“With the launch of 1095 Learn, accredited organizations will have access to education opportunities – such as eLearning, webinars, and workshops – that will provide value and empower facilities to continually improve quality,” said Noel Adachi, MBA, CEO of AAAHC. “The portal will house an ever-growing library of interactive content regularly updated to address new or revised standards requirements and best practices.”
The education portal will deliver valuable resources to refresh an organization’s knowledge at a personalized pace. Some of the initial offerings cover topics, such as medication reconciliation, patient safety, peer review, and internal benchmarking.
The 1095 Strong, quality every day philosophy is centered on providing accredited organizations with a solid foundation on which to build and integrate a progressive quality-improvement culture into the very fabric of their daily operations. The 1095 Learn portal is one component of AAAHC’s larger effort to lead the transformation of ambulatory health care, which includes:
· Engaging with clients more frequently throughout the accreditation cycle with tools, resources, and education that bring meaningful value when they need it
· Focusing facilities’ efforts on robust, evidence-based Standards that are relevant and specific to their setting and practice
· Holding accredited clients accountable for implementing plans of correction and conducting annual gap assessments
· Strengthening the quality and consistency of surveyors and the education that they deliver, which is so valued by participants
· Delivering interactive and engaging education that is conveniently accessible to providers
· Expanding our portfolio to include certifications programs for organizations seeking to be recognized for excellence in the specialty health care services they provide
“With ongoing learning throughout the 1,095-day cycle between surveys, our goal is to help ambulatory health organizations make best practices for quality improvement second nature,” said Adachi. “This in turn will not only increase an organization’s understanding and readiness for the accreditation or certification process but also foster an environment of patient safety and compliance to rigorous, nationally-recognized health and safety standards, policies, and procedures.”
AAAHC-accredited organizations can register for the 1095 Learn portal by visiting www.learn.aaahc.org.