A class-action lawsuit was filed against Seattle Children's Hospital, by three former child patients who were exposed to Aspergillus due to alleged building management negligence, according to an article on the KIRO website.
The lawyers said if the class certification is granted, the lawsuit seeks to encompass all child patients who contracted the illness while hospitalized at the Sandpoint building, going back to 2000.
The hospital recently said that five deaths between 2001 and 2014 from surgical site infections from Aspergillus mold were likely caused by the air handling systems that serve the operating rooms.
Seattle Children's said it has had seven Aspergillus surgical site infections since the summer of 2018. One of those patients also died.See the latest posts on our homepage