Johnson Controls is showcasing its comprehensive roster of fire detection and suppression products at the 2019 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Expo, June 17-20 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas. The company’s innovative solutions – from autonomous high-rise fire protection to active shooter response technology – contribute to safer, smarter building environments. Key products featured at Johnson Controls booth 1037 include:
- Detect360 Active Shooter Response combines reliable gunshot detection with industry-leading notification technology to provide quick warning when a gunshot is fired within a building. By providing early notification and precise location of the shooter, the ASR system gives occupants more time to find safety and allows law enforcement to mitigate the threat up to 60% faster.
- Detect360 Area of Refuge Emergency Communications System offers quick, reliable communication with rescuers, and greater peace of mind for those located in a building’s Area of Refuge during a fire or emergency. It features innovative audio capabilities that meet the requirements of the International Building Code (IBC) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Simplex ES Net Life Safety Network increases the speed and resilience of fire detection and life safety systems. This technology allows Johnson Controls to handle the industry’s largest networks while also supporting multiple network topologies (ring, star, bus and mesh), giving end-users added design flexibility, easier installation and industry-leading performance.
- SPRAYSAFE Autonomous Fire Suppression (AFS) is a fully automatic, standalone fire detection and suppression system designed to deliver rapid fire protection for the external façade of a tall building. SPRAYSAFE uses existing building fire protection infrastructure, minimizing the need for additional water supplies, pipework and/or pumps.
- TYCO® LFP® Antifreeze is the first, and currently the only, UL Listed antifreeze for fire sprinkler systems. The patented LFP® Antifreeze is ideal for use in a variety of residential and commercial applications where a sprinkler system could be exposed to temperatures below 40 F (4 C). It is compliant with NFPA 13, 13R, and 13D, which requires the use of listed solutions in new antifreeze systems.
- TYCO® DV-5A Deluge Valve delivers a higher pressure rating of up to 300 psi and a lower pressure drop, allowing water to travel further at specified system pressure. The new model features a reduced footprint and also includes an integrated alarm port that eliminates the check valve in pre-action systems.
- AquaMist® water mist solutions help safely and quickly suppress fires with fine water droplets, so building occupants and assets are safer and more protected. AquaMist® uses less water than traditional pre-action systems to help reduce damage to high-value assets. It’s ideal for a variety of applications including industrial fryers, heritage sites, data centers, machinery space and hospitals.
- SAPPHIRE® PLUS 70 bar Gaseous Suppression System, now available with theANSUL® Acoustic Nozzle, is designed to suppress fires quickly and easily in areas with valuable equipment and where sound levels may affect sensitive electronics like in server rooms and data centers.
“As innovators in fire suppression technologies, Johnson Controls is committed to protecting its customers with industry-leading solutions,” said Rekha Agrawal, VP & general manager, Fire Suppression Products, Johnson Controls. “The ground-breaking products showcased at NFPA Expo demonstrates our passion for protecting both people and property.”
“This year’s show is especially noteworthy, as we are launching a new podcast to help educate professionals on the ever-evolving trends and updates in the fire and life safety industries,” said Rodger Reiswig, Fellow and vice president of Industry Relations, Johnson Controls. “I encourage all attendees to stop by the booth to learn more about the podcast, and all of our incredible solutions.”
Product experts and senior leaders from Johnson Controls will be available during the show to discuss Johnson Controls innovations and industry trends. For more information on the products listed above, visit Johnson Controls in booth 1037 at the NFPA Expo or go tohttp://tycofpp.com/nfpa.
For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.