LIGHTFAIR International (LFI) opened at McCormick Place in Chicago May 6 with the 29th edition of the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference. Thousands of attendees from around the world streamed into the LFI exhibit halls to experience the products and knowledge transforming the future of light and technology.
Preceding and setting the stage for the trade show opening, the prestigious LFI Innovation Awards® highlighted the industry’s most innovative products and designs introduced during the last 12 months. The excitement extending from the Awards is expected to continue through the close of the show on Thursday.
The 2018 LFI Innovation Awards® saw 238 entries spanning 14 categories, with each submission judged by an independent panel of lighting professionals. Winning entries exemplified the best in innovative design and thinking. Among the 18 winning entries are these key awards:
- LEDRA BRANDS (Vector): Most Innovative Product of the Year—the program’s highest award, recognizing the most innovative new product, Booth 1648;
- ACUITY BRANDS LIGHTING (Juno FlexConnect™ featuring micrOptix™ technology): Design Excellence Award—recognizing outstanding achievement in design, Booths 1802/2602;
- CRESTRON ELECTRONICS (CCT & Lux Sensor (GLS-LCCT)): Technical Innovation Award—recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology, BOOTH 3012;
- RESILIENT, LUMEFFICIENT (LumEfficient's LiFi): Judges' Citation Award—special recognition of an innovative product at the judges’ discretion, BOOTH 438
Visit LIA.LIGHTFAIR.COM for a full list of LFI Innovation Awards 2018 entrants and winners.
LFI has also awarded exhibitors that excelled in visual display and product presentation. The 2018 Best Booth Award Winners are:
- 100 Square Feet: LENOX LIGHTING – 3457
- 200 to 300 Square Feet: GREEN LED LIGHTING SOLUTIONS, LLC – 2779
- 400 to 500 Square Feet: LUMIUM LIGHTING – 5234
- 600 to 800 Square Feet: TLS INTERNATIONAL – 3467
- 900 Square Feet and Larger: TECH LIGHTING – 1443
- Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion: AURORALIGHT, INC. – 4448
- Global Light + Design Pavilion: KUZCO LIGHTING LLC – 851
- Design Pavilion: OCL ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING – 1448
- Intelligent Lighting Pavilion: TUYA GLOBAL INC. – 631
- IoT Pavilion: CASAMBI TECHNOLOGIES OY – 131
- New Exhibitor Pavilion: MEDIAFRONT – 5416
Events at LIGHTFAIR International 2018 take place at McCormick Place located at 2301 S. Martin Luther King Drive, Chicago, IL 60616.
For LIGHTFAIR International 2018, the Pre-Conference program took place from Sunday, May 6 – Monday, May 7 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference runs from Tuesday, May 8 – Thursday, May 10. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM.