Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI), the leading supplier of power distribution and monitoring solutions for data centers and other critical or high-value electrical systems, will launch the PDI PowerLOK PDU strip at the 7x24 Exchange’s Fall 2019 Conference, October 27-30, 2019, Phoenix, AZ (Booth #1 and 1C). In partnership with Gateview Technologies, PDI is debuting and offering the PowerLOK, with innovative soldered connections from line cord to receptacles, an angled input whip that reduces bend radius and a design tool with up to 48 receptacles.
The 7x24 Exchange Fall Conference is the premier data center gathering for the 7x24 infrastructure industry from IT, data center, disaster recovery, cybersecurity and network/telecommunication managers, computer technologists, facility or building managers, supervisors, and engineers. PDI will offer show attendees the first look at a new PDU specifically designed to eliminate the installation and configuration hassles poised by many of today’s devices used to power server racks.
“Server rack configurations are constantly changing to better meet cybersecurity, storage and workload needs,” said Alan Turner, Vice President of Global Sales, PDI. “Adding new devices to the rack also means power adjustments and the need to constantly swap-out PDUs. The new PowerLOK PDU dramatically simplifies the ‘swapping out’ process while offering a connectivity density to preserve the power strips’ useful life. We are excited to bring these innovations to 7x24 Exchange Fall Conference and look forward to the attendees’ feedback.”
Show attendees are invited to watch the Miami Dolphins play the Pittsburgh Steelers with PDI on Monday, October 28 in the Marque Plus area. PDI’s Booth #1C will be open beginning at 6:30 pm where game viewers may also see the company’s:
- PowerPak 2 PDU with WaveStar Infinity Monitoring – The market’s smallest power distribution unit, with a patent-pending 3D access window for true front access (TFA). The unit also incorporates a compartmentalized design to isolate low and high voltage components and can accommodate up-to a 400kVA DOE2016 transformer while maintaining a TFA main 42” width cabinet size which and includes WaveStar Infinity Monitoring options.
- JCOMM® Branch Circuit Monitoring System (BCMS) – The BCMS is a fully integrated solution for accurate high-speed monitoring and alerting of key electrical performance metrics. The system supports a wide range of targeted applications including fault detection, energy management, and tenant billing, in addition to an easy-to-mount enclosure for retrofitting or upgrading existing Remote Power Panels (RPP), Power Distribution Units (PDU) and stand-alone panelboards of nearly any configuration from PDI or other OEM vendors.
- Temporary Load Banks – PowerWave 2 Bus System commissioning is made easy with Load Bank End Feed testing to validate busway installation integrity and system operational performance before a bus run is put into production. The thermal output of the bus run and load banks can be used to commission cooling systems at the same time. Available for each Bus System amperage, delivering up to 100% of the rated system AMPs, operators can conduct a final visual inspection of safe system installation.
In addition to revealing the PowerLOK PDU, PDI will also display/discuss in Booth #1 its:
- Modular Compact Remote Power Panel featuring PDI WaveStar Color Monitoring – With the Modular Compact Remote Power Panel has a 12” x 24” footprint, installations can be field modified for wall-mount, in-tile, on-tile or multi-unit. When combined with communications and high voltage compartmentalization, BCMS Monitoring, Trapped Key Interlocking, and multiple panelboards configurations can easily adapt to the needs of the most demanding mission-critical facilities.
- PowerWave 2™ with PDI LMC Tap Off Box – The award-winning power busway distribution system offers a continuously open channel busway system designed for the PDI LMC Tap Off Box units to be positioned along the entire length of the bus rails. With industry’s smallest ‘keep out’ area and simple installation, fitting of any size busrail - deployed from 250 Amp to 1000 Amp systems – and patented CouplerTek™ Technology, the industry’s smallest coupler offers maximum real estate.