Chicago — The Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) has released the latest edition of its highly respected environmental assessment—Futurescan 2014: Healthcare Trends and Implications 2014–2019.
In Futurescan 2014, an expert panel addresses eight key issues shaping the current and future landscape of health care, offering their insight as to what implications these issues pose for hospital leaders. An essential tool for strategic planning, Futurescan 2014 examines:
• Managing population health through the coordination of care
• Measuring the success of population management
• Attaining physician–hospital alignment
• Incorporating mission, values and culture in provider affiliations
• Managing the cost of health care for consumer affordability
• Coordinating care through IT interoperability
• Eliminating health care disparities
• Achieving efficiency and the role of large employers
SHSMD has published Futurescan annually, in collaboration with the American College of Healthcare Executives, since 1999. The expert insight in Futurescan 2014 is supported by data from a survey of 544 health care leaders across the country.
About the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development
The Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development is the premier organization for healthcare planners, marketers and communications and public relations professionals. A personal membership group of the American Hospital Association, SHSMD serves more than 4,000 members and is the largest organization in the nation devoted to serving the needs of healthcare strategy professionals. The Society is committed to helping its members meet the future with greater knowledge and opportunity as their organizations work to improve health status and quality of life in their communities. For more information, visit shsmd.org.See the latest posts on our homepage