Clorox Healthcare is pleased to announce two educational events at the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) EXCHANGE conference in Orlando, FL, September 17th-20th, 2017. The interactive sessions will address cutting-edge research and evidence-based practices in the environmental services field to prevent and reduce healthcare associated infections (HAIs), and improve patient care and safety. Details of these presentations are as follows:
- Partnering to Prevent Infections and Protect Healthcare Surfaces and Equipment (September 18, 2017, 12:00-1:15 pm EST): Compliant cleaning and disinfection is essential for reducing the risk of infection. At the same time, care must be taken to protect surfaces and equipment from damage, which can impact safety, budgets, patient satisfaction scores and public perceptions. Scott Hedding, MBA, FACHE, Aurora Health Care System Director of Environmental Services and Sarah Bell-West, PhD, Clorox Healthcare Scientist and Product Manager, will discuss the latest developments in manual surface disinfection and strategies to navigate the challenges associated with balancing compliant cleaning and disinfection and safeguarding healthcare surfaces and equipment.
· Eliminate the Environment from the Infection Equation – Evaluating and Implementing Disinfecting Solutions (September 19, 2017, 1:00-2:00 pm EST): Clorox Healthcare scientists, Katherine Velez, PhD, and Sarah Bell-West, PhD, will review the latest innovations in manual surface cleaning and disinfecting and UV technology, summarize peer-reviewed evidence to support successful implementation and provide a framework to help EVS professionals leverage the science to optimize cleaning and disinfection protocols and eliminate surfaces as a source of HAI transmission in their facilities.
Comprehensive Portfolio to Help Provide a Safe Environment of Care
In addition to these sessions, Clorox Healthcare will showcase its robust portfolio of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered cleaner disinfectants and advanced UV technology, all designed to help stop the spread of infections without causing damage to surfaces and equipment in healthcare facilities.
· Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Wipes kill 58 microorganisms, including Clostridium difficile(C. difficile) spores, in three minutes or less and have been optimized for extended usage in healthcare facilities with improved surface compatibility and less residue compared with competitor bleach disinfectant wipes.
· Clorox Healthcare® Fuzion™ Cleaner Disinfectant, a new form of bleach with excellent aesthetics and surface compatibility, is EPA-registered to kill C. difficile spores in two minutes, the fastest kill time available,[i] and won’t cause damage to common surfaces.
· Clorox Healthcare® Optimum-UV Enlight® System uses powerful UV-C technology to kill more than 30 pathogens including C. difficile spores, carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae, vancomycin-resistant Enterococci and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, for superior infection prevention and patient safety, with advanced data collection and reporting capabilities to maximize device use and efficacy.
Clorox Healthcare is a long-standing supporter of AHE. Attendees at this year’s EXCHANGE conference are encouraged to join both sessions and can visit the Clorox Healthcare booth (#701) to learn more about infection prevention, surface safety and Clorox Healthcare products solutions, or online at www.CloroxHealthcare.com.
[i] Based on EPA Master Label Comparison as of 4/19/2016.