Accruent, a provider of healthcare technology (HTM) and facilities management (HFM) and Attainia, a widely-used solution for medical capital equipment planning and replacement, announced today that they have partnered to help healthcare delivery organizations manage their full asset lifecycles and facilitate incremental cost reductions, allowing for improved quality of patient care.
According to a recent Becker’s Hospital CFO Report, U.S. hospital hospitals are failing to realize up to $15 billion in annual Medical Equipment Lifecycle (MELC) savings due to “lack of accurate information, internal resources, bandwidth and specialized expertise.” The combination of Accruent and Attainia delivers accurate information to aid in all MELC phases and increase confidence in capital planning decisions.
In order to truly know and reduce the total cost of asset ownership, organizations must implement full asset lifecycle management – from pre-assessment through acquisition and support to final disposition. Informed purchasing decisions based on total visibility of organizational needs, can further reduce the total cost of ownership of assets and positively impact organizational bottom lines. In addition, using objective data to create multi-year strategic capital replacement plans increases the ability to negotiate discounts and improves outcomes from construction and facility renovation projects.
Hospital systems struggle with completely equipment lifecycle management challenges across healthcare technology and facilities management departments. The partnership between Accruent and Attainia brings together two of the most powerful tools available to identify additional cost-saving opportunities for HTM and HFM professionals.
Effective medical equipment lifecycle management tools help healthcare organizations:
- Improve patient care through streamlined processes, efficiencies and cost reduction
- Quickly generate and update accurate equipment budgets
- Collaborate and centralize capital equipment decision processes
- Reduce expensive change orders and project completion delays
- Prioritize, forecast and control capital expenditures for immediate and long-term budgets
The combination of Accruent and Attainia delivers these benefits by providing:
- A standardized equipment catalog with more than 63,000 SKUs for medical furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) that improves asset data integrity, reduces complexity and streamlines project creation
- Tools for collaboration on equipment planning and approval workflows to ensure that these processes are efficient and predictable with minimal deviations, which dramatically reduces the number of change orders
- A single, consolidated, real-time view of all capital equipment spend, comparisons of planned and actual spend, and breakdowns of strategic and routine system-wide spend which enables cross-organizational strategic planning, resulting in larger purchasing discounts
- Aggregated analytics that facilitate data-driven planning to help reduce the total cost of equipment ownership
Currently, Accruent serves more than 55 percent of U.S. hospitals, providing capital planning, healthcare technology management, and facilities management software and services. Attainia provides capital equipment planning and replacement software and analytics to more than 1,000 hospitals.
See the latest posts on our homepage