RHINELANDER, Wis. – Community leaders joined Aspirus today for a groundbreaking ceremony at Aspirus Rhinelander Clinic.
Aspirus is a national leader in rural health care and is committed to unlocking the full value of services in the Northwoods. The need for better care in the area is growing and Aspirus is acting today to grow vital resources for those who need it most.
That’s why they’re investing $14 million in the community by expanding the clinic with the addition of 22,000 square feet of new space that will accommodate greater imaging services, more specialty care and additional space for primary care.
“This is an exciting day for Aspirus and for communities in the Rhinelander area,” said Matthew Heywood, president and chief executive officer of Aspirus. “We have noticed a growing need for services in the region. This project will help us improve people’s lives in more ways.”
The Rhinelander clinic currently offers primary care, walk-in care, behavioral health and specialty care along with Cardiac Rehabilitation and Outpatient Therapy services.
“By expanding services in Rhinelander, Aspirus patients will be able to receive more care without having to leave the area,” says Robb Fabich, director – Aspirus Clinics. “This will help us to improve the overall wellness of the community.”
Aspirus employs 73 people at the clinic and expects to add another 20 jobs – including seven new physicians and advance practice clinicians – once the new addition is complete and fully occupied.
About Aspirus Rhinelander Clinic
Address: 1630 Chippewa Dr., Rhinelander, WI 54501
Current Size: 28,000 square feet
About the expansion
Size: Additional 22,000 square feet
Employment: 20 new employees with seven new providers
Opens: Fall 2020
- 15 new exam rooms for primary care growth.
- 21 new exam rooms and two new procedure rooms for specialist services.
- New employee work areas to support the additional clinicians.
- Increased imaging services to accommodate ultrasound and future fixed mammography.
- New waiting room and check-in for lab and radiology to accommodate more patients.
- Remodeled and reconfigured office space for additional support services needed for future growth.
- Relocated and expanded outpatient therapy space.
- Relocated and expanded sleep study and pulmonary function testing.
For more information, visit aspirus.org.See the latest posts on our homepage