From creating a working kitchen for special needs children to using their own money to buy necessities for students, the top 10 finalists in the 2020 Custodian of the Year contest go above and beyond. Hosted by Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), the Custodian of the Year contest shines a spotlight on the extraordinary yet often invisible heroes who contribute more than cleanliness to their schools. Now through April 17, the public is encouraged to vote for their favorite custodian at custodianoftheyear.com.
The greatest number of public votes determines the winner of the 2020 Custodian of the Year contest. The winner will receive a $10,000 cash prize along with $5,000 in products and services for his or her school from Cintas and Rubbermaid Commercial Products. The winner’s school will also receive a comprehensive training and development package from ISSA, The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, valued at $20,000. A cash prize of $1,000 each and free tuition to one ISSA Cleaning Management Institute (CMI) training event, valued at $1,500, will be awarded to the remaining nine finalists.
The top 10 finalists in the 2020 Custodian of the Year contest include (alphabetical order):
- Howell Beasley – Albertville Kindergarten and Pre-K (Albertville, Ala.)
- Tarelle Campbell – Beverly Hills STEM Elementary (Concord, N.C.)
- Bron Clayton – The University of Texas at Dallas (Richardson, Texas)
- Gregory Fisher – Barack Obama Charter Schools (Los Angeles)
- Niyaz Gasanov – Gateway Science Academy St. Louis Middle & High School (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Cindy Hain – Pennwood Middle School (Yardley, Penn.)
- Dossie Langford – West Elementary School (Wamego, Kan.)
- Wallace Manns – Desert Christian Academy (Bermuda Dunes, Calif.)
- Elia Ramirez – North Verdemont Elementary School (San Bernardino, Calif.)
- Benjamin Zimmerman – De Pere High School (De Pere, Wisc.)
For more information about the Custodian of the Year contest, please contact Jessie Koerner at email@example.com or (551) 265-6921. A high-res Custodian of the Year logo, as well as photos of the top 10 finalists are available via Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/327mcenicoo3txu/AACUNpS8E2QUArcKUz6EXjEwa?dl=0See the latest posts on our homepage