LeanTaaS, Inc., a Silicon Valley predictive analytics and machine learning company that specializes in improving healthcare operations, will provide continuing education (CE) credits to perioperative leaders who attend the presentation "Using Predictive Analytics to Improve OR Capacity Management" at the annual OR Manager Conference in New Orleans. The session, being offered on Sept. 19 at 10:15 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. in Booth 937, will help attendees understand why conventional operating room metrics are inadequate as the basis for measuring OR utilization and surgeon performance.
This education program will look at OR time from an administrative perspective and introduce the concept of collectable time as an effective strategy for decision-making. "OR time plays a vital role in each hospital system," said Ashley Walsh, senior director of client services for LeanTaaS and presenter for the CE sessions. "And maximizing opportunities to improve access to the OR is a significant concern.
"Block time utilization is a struggle in many hospital systems, and this important learning opportunity will be beneficial for perioperative leaders as they consider implementing a data analytics strategy," Walsh continued.
The session also will highlight:
- How to communicate the value of using a more data-driven metric called "collectable time" to measure and improve OR block utilization.
- Specific examples of how predictive analytics, machine learning, and mobile technologies have been used at UCHealth, OhioHealth and other providers to improve OR performance by over $400,000 per OR per year.
Also while at OR Manager 2019, LeanTaaS will demonstrate iQueue for Operating Rooms, its lightweight, cloud-based SaaS solution that digitally transforms core operational processes. The product unlocks hidden capacity so more cases can be performed in the same number of ORs without extending business hours. iQueue for Operating Rooms also:
- Increases access - Finds time for surgeons wanting more OR access.
- Secures right-size blocks - Collects and makes available the right set of underutilized blocks to surgeons needing more OR time or to attract new surgeons.
- Engages surgeons with credible performance metrics - Current, objective and credible reports easily accessed through either mobile or desktop browser create a "single source of truth."
Attendees can learn more about OR operational efficiencies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for a one-on-one meeting with a LeanTaaS expert.See the latest posts on our homepage