MedStar Georgetown University Hospital has officially unveiled the brand new Verstandig Pavilion. A ribbon cutting ceremony celebrated the hospital's new 477,000 square foot addition which is set to become the D.C. region's most advanced healthcare facility.
The Verstandig Pavilion will feature:
- A new Emergency Department that has almost doubled in size with 32 private patient rooms.
- A movable Intraoperative MRI System (IMRIS), the only one in the region, allowing neurosurgeons to precisely remove microscopic tumors. reducing the need for post-op imaging and additional surgeries.
- 156 new and expanded private inpatient patient rooms with natural, healing light supporting the most advanced care.
- 31 state-of-the-art operating room surgical suites providing surgeons with 4K visualization for robotic and minimally invasive surgery; spectral imaging technology to identify critical anatomy, blood flow, and detect cancer margins not visible to the naked eye; and large interactive touchscreen dashboards to connect with experts worldwide in real time.
- A new rooftop helipad with direct access to the new Emergency Department and operating rooms, saving crucial minutes for patients suffering life-threatening conditions.
- Six acres of expansive green space creating a relaxing, reflective environment for patients, their loved ones and company associates.