Penn Highlands Healthcare broke ground on a new $70 million technologically advanced hospital and medical office building in State College, Pennsylvania.
The new hospital, which will be named Penn Highlands State College, will provide the same level of care offered by the other hospitals in the Penn Highlands Healthcare system. The Medical Office Building will be located adjacent to the hospital to provide convenient outpatient services for the entire family.
The hospital and medical office building are projected to open in spring 2024.
Penn Highlands State College will offer:
- patient-centric design and atmosphere
- Innovative therapies for advanced care
- amenities for convenience and comfort
- emergency department with 10 private treatment rooms and a trauma room for assessment and expert care.
- surgical department with three operating suites and an endoscopy procedure room
- 18 private inpatient rooms
- medical imaging department that uses the latest technology
- pulmonary function lab for screening, diagnosis and treatment.