Seven hospitals in Utah topped the cleanliness rankings with 77 percent or more of patients reporting that their room and bathroom were "always" clean on their HCAHPS Survey, according to an article on the the Becker's Infection Control and Clinical Quality website.
The national average rate for patients reporting their room and bathroom were "always" clean is 74 percent.
The top five are:
1. Valley View Medical Center (Cedar City) — 83 percent
2. Cache Valley Hospital (North Logan) — 81 percent
3. University Health Care/University Hospitals and Clinics — 78 percent
4. Sevier Valley Medical Center (Richfield) — 78 percent
5. Orem (Utah) Community Hospital — 77 percent