Hot cleaning rags ignite at California nursing home

October 31, 2017

A laundry mistake almost turned into a dangerous fire at a Eureka, Calif., nursing facility, according to an article on the KIEM TV website.

Humboldt Bay Fire crews were alerted of a fire in the laundry room at the Granada Rehabilitation and Wellness Center when cleaning rags ignited after being removed from the dryer too soon without cooling off.

The fire sprinkler helped in initial containment, as patients evacuated and Humboldt Bay Fire and an Arcata Fire unit headed to the scene. There was some damage, but no injuries reported.

Humboldt Bay Fire said fabrics needed to go through the cool down phase in the dryer before they are put into piles.

Read the article.

 

See the latest posts on our homepage


Share

Topic Area: Safety


Recent Posts



Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

• News and Updates
• Webcast Alerts
• Building Technologies



All fields are required.