Earlier this year the Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) formed an educational partnership with the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) to help promote national standards for floor care related to floor safety.
“We are pleased to be associated with a valuable resource such as the Healthy Facilities Institute,” Russell Kendzior, president of NFSI, said in a press release. “By enhancing communications to the facilities sector, HFI and NFSI can help reduce the incidence of slips and falls through promotion of the meaning and value of ANSI/NFSI standards.”
These standards include:
• ANSI/NFSI B101.0-2012 Walkway Surface Auditing Procedure for the Measurement of Walkway Slip Resistance
• ANSI/NFSI B101.1-2009 Test Method for Measuring Wet SCOF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Materials
• ANSI/NFSI B101.3-2012 Test Method for Measuring Wet Dynamic COF of Common Hard-Surface Floor Materials
• ANSI/NFSI B101.5-2012 Standard Guide for Uniform Labeling Method for Identifying the Wet Static Coefficient of Friction (Traction) of Floor Coverings, Floor Coverings with Coatings, and Treated Floor Covering
• ANSI/NFSI B101.6-2012 Standard Guide for Commercial Entrance Matting in Reducing Slips, Trips and Falls