With time and tide, technological advancement has brought about significant changes in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical sectors. Discovery of new diagnostic methods and drugs has turned out to be a boon for the medical and healthcare sector.
Improvement in healthcare infrastructure and facilities has not only ensured better patient care but also improved the gross capita revenue of hospitals and various markets related to it. The suitability of hospital infrastructure is important in patient’s recovery and thus, improving the management and facilities in a hospital set up is as important as changing the patient’s sheet daily.
Hospital asset management systems are used for getting proper feedbacks about the hospital management, maintaining the smooth functionality of the entire medical institution in real time. Hospital asset management system is used for establishing staff communication and managing all assets at par level while keeping track of equipment and locating them at the earliest when required. Equipment used in hospitals are always on the move, starting from IV pumps to hospital wheelchairs, oxygen cylinders, and beds to patient monitors. If not arranged and tracked, the entire functioning of the hospital may get chaotic, especially during emergencies. In order to quickly find the necessity, maintaining hospital asset management system is very important.
Implementation of RAIN RFID for Hospital Asset Setup Proves Beneficial for Future Market
The advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) has made life easier, not just in corporate world but also in the healthcare sector. Similarly, the Radio Frequency Identification RFID (RAIN RFID) technology is made with the intention of linking the cloud system of a hospital with UHF RFID. This is done for storing, managing, and sharing data within the hospital premises with the help of the internet. RAIN solution is a universal alliance that promotes the global adoption of UHF RFID technology in accordance to wireless technology organizations that includes Bluetooth SIG, Wi-Fi Alliance, and NFC Forum. The implementation of RAIN RFID in hospital asset systems helps to keep track of tagged items, store information. These solutions can be embedded or attached to hospital equipment and create, collect, utilize the item’s data on cloud, server or even locally. RAIN RFID systems are large, portable devices with antennas that can be used for both short or long distance communication, thus easing accessibility within the hospital
Additional Facilities of Hospital Management Systems Favor Market Growth
Medical organizations are not just limited to doctors and nurses along with medicines, but includes a whole union of small, yet important units. Hospital assets include a wide range of small assets comprising a whole unit altogether. Some of the facilities adjoined with hospital asset systems and forming an important part of the market include:
- Urgent Care Centers (UCC) – Urgent Care Centers take care of minor health complaints such as flu, fractures, sprains, colds, and other minor issues. Since they are non-emergent, they can be set up within and outside medical infrastructures as well. Nowadays, UCCs are being set up even in shopping malls and are gaining mass popularity as well.
- non-emergent, they can be set up within and outside medical infrastructures as well. Nowadays, UCCs are being set up even in shopping malls and are gaining mass popularity as well.
- Medical Office Buildings (MOB) – They are usually found around hospital premises providing additional facilities related to treatment methods such as CT scans, X-rays, Blood tests, and others. It is considered as an epicentre of healthcare infrastructures and adds to the hospital asset management systems from a bigger picture perspective.
- The Joint Commission (TJC) – Also known as the joint commission for Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (JCAHO), they assure that healthcare systems both private and public hospitals, meet the legislative requirements for providing all necessities to the patient.
- Long-term Acute Care Hospitals (LTACH) – These are licenced hospitals especially designed for providing long term care to those patients suffering from complications while expecting a baby or from chronic diseases such as heart attacks, or undergo appendectomy, that require both long term treatment and constant care.
- Free Standing Emergency Departments (FSED) – In simpler terms, these are stand-alone emergency rooms that are made for life-threatening conditions requiring immediate care.
Although the installation and maintenance costs of hospital asset management systems are high, it is essential to shift from conventional to advanced systems for the betterment of healthcare sector at large. There is high demand for hiring skilled technicians for hospital asset management system
Raginee is a content writer for Fortune Business Insights.See the latest posts on our homepage