Norovirus outbreak among security staff suspected at Olympic Games

February 12, 2018

The South Korean military has been deployed as Pyeongchang deals with a suspected norovirus outbreak ahead of the Olympic Games, according to an article on the Travel & Leisure website.

The virus has reportedly caused the quarantine of some 1,200 security staff. The South Korean military is currently taking over as staff is tested for norovirus.

“The military personnel … will be responsible for security checks of the 20 venues as they take up jobs such as security searches, previously done by civilian safety personnel, until the patients’ condition is normalized,” a statement from the South Korean Olympic committee said.

Officials are examining food and water sources to determine where the sickness originated.

Read the article.

 

See the latest posts on our homepage


Share

Topic Area: Infection Control


Recent Posts
Recent Posts

Preparation key to dealing with healthcare facility shootings


Those providing essential medical care to patients cannot run, hide or fight

8/17/2018

CMS says Joint Commission recommendations set standard for ligature risk


CMS surveyors will be referring to those recommendations when looking for environmental hazards

8/17/2018

CMS Administrator calls for an end to physician fax machines by 2020


CMS is also seeking app developers

8/17/2018

Healthcare industry hit hardest by cybercrime


The healthcare industry itself is partly responsible

8/17/2018

Top three trends underlining healthcare gamification market landscape


Global valuation to exceed USD 40 billion by 2024

8/17/2018





Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

• News and Updates
• Webcast Alerts
• Building Technologies



All fields are required.