Hospital to increase security after attack on surgeon

June 16, 2017

Victoria, Australia, has doubled funding for security in public hospitals after a surgeon was attacked in the foyer of a hospital in Melbourne, according to an article on the ABC website.

The Victorian Government said it would provide an extra $20 million for improved security, on top of $20 million invested last year.

It will consult with hospitals to identify what sort of security improvements they need and how to provide it, such as stab-proof vests for guards or secured entrances and exits.

"Those will help better protect our staff, as well as the patients that are at risk, and they've shown themselves to be very effective at our Royal Melbourne Hospital," Health Minister Jill Hennessy said.

Read the article.

 

 

See the latest posts on our homepage


Share

Topic Area: Security


Recent Posts
Recent Posts

Many pediatric hospitals are including behavioral health services


Designers on behavioral healthcare projects are creating soothing environments with features a younger patient will like, according to an article on the Healthcare Design website

2/20/2018

Fake paramedic found wandering the halls of Royal Adelaide hospital


Incident represents a major security breach for the newly opened Australian hospital

2/20/2018

DebMed Offers Triclosan Alternatives Following FDA’s Healthcare Antiseptic Final Rule


2/20/2018

ePIPE® Team Awarded Two U.S. Patents for In-place Protection of Nonmetallic Pipes, Adding to Existing Portfolio of Over 30 Patents


2/20/2018

New Marley MD Everestä Counterflow Cooling Tower’s Modular Design Speeds Site Delivery and Installation


2/20/2018





Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

• News and Updates
• Webcast Alerts
• Building Technologies



All fields are required.