Operating room lights covered after metal shards fell on patient

May 2, 2017

Gold Coast University Hospital in Queensland, Australia, has launched an internal safety investigation after metal shards from operating room lights fell on patient, according to an article on the Gold Coast Bulletin website.

A hospital spokesperson said staff were working with the light manufacturer after staff identified a deterioration in the metal arm of two lights.

“The stop mechanism failed, resulting in the lights rotating beyond their design,” the spokesperson said.

The lights have been covered and replacement arms for all operating room lights have been ordered.

Read the article.

 

 

See the latest posts on our homepage

Share:

Topic Area: Safety


Recent Posts
Recent Posts

Fresno hospitals using ‘eyeprints’ for patient ID


Each time a patient registers for an appointment, a quick photo will be taken to match with the one on file

5/26/2017

California healthcare facility brings in super heroes to promote employee safety


Kaiser Permanente brought Wonder Woman and Spider Man to safety fair

5/26/2017

Cancer patient looks at healthcare facility design


Architecture firm marketer gains new perspective after going through cancer treatment

5/26/2017

Focus: Energy Efficiency

Healthcare facilities' energy efficiency improves air quality


Salt Lake City Op-Ed says healthcare facilities' energy efficiency efforts can impact community health

5/26/2017

Patient safety mistakes to avoid


Physician says healthcare has made missteps on patient safety journey

5/26/2017





Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

• News and Updates
• Webcast Alerts
• Building Technologies



All fields are required.