The American Society for Health Care Engineering (AHE) recently released “Introduction to Healthcare Facilities Management.” The award-winning, 130-plus page introductory book provides an orientation to the healthcare facilities management. It provides tips and anecdotes from healthcare professionals that are designed to help newcomers. The information also aims to engage experienced managers and be thought-provoking to other healthcare professionals.
The book’s topics include:
- introduction to healthcare facilities management
- what healthcare facilities managers do
- specific types of healthcare facilities
- hospital organization and departments
- the business of healthcare.
The book received a Bronze Medal Axiom Award in the category of Business Reference and an APEX Award of Excellence in the category of Print Media – Education & Training.