Family of toddler who died at Glasgow hospital claims 'bacteria' found in shower

December 3, 2019

The mother of a toddler whose death at the the Royal Hospital for Children in Glasgow, Scotland, claims she has documents which show that bacteria was found on the showerhead in her son's bathroom, according to an article on the Evening Times website.

The death of a three-year-old boy in 2017 is being investigated.

His death came in the same month as that of a 10-year-old who was in remission from leukemia before contracting an infection at QEUH which her mother believes was water based.

NHS Greater Glasgow said the three-year-old boy's death was "fully investigated."

Read the article.

See the latest posts on our homepage


Share

Topic Area: Infection Control


Recent Posts
Recent Posts

15th coronavirus case reported in U.S. while death toll spikes in China


China's Hubei province announced 242 new deaths from the coronavirus on Feb 13

2/14/2020

Time-lapsed video of first coronavirus hospital being built


More than 1,000 workers and 100 machines worked non-stop for days

2/14/2020

Are you HIPAA compliant?


Checklist offers pointers on how to stay on the right side of the regulations

2/14/2020

Comparing the flu and the coronavirus


The flu has sickened an estimated 19 million people in the U.S. this season

2/14/2020

Focus: Plumbing

Plumbing upgrades focus on health and hygiene


Water conservation, less maintenance and improved hygiene are all popular targets of system improvements

2/14/2020





Post Comment




FREE
NEWSLETTER

News & Updates • Webcast Alerts • Building Technologies

All fields are required.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.