OhioHealth is opening its fifteenth hospital, OhioHealth Pickerington Methodist Hospital. The hospital was built on over 30 acres of undeveloped land on-site, expanding from the northern side of the current campus. This hospital will bring new services, such as labor and delivery, trauma and infusion services to the community.
The Pickerington Emergency Care Center, which has become one of the busiest freestanding emergency departments in the OhioHealth system, remains on-site but will no longer be considered a freestanding emergency department as it’s now part of a hospital.
Key Facts and Figures:
- Over 500 new jobs generated
- Over $178 million investment in the community
- 230,000 total square feet
- 96 inpatient hospital beds
- Six operating rooms
- Two procedure rooms
- Labor and delivery with special care nursery (Level II maternity unit)
- 20 bay infusion clinic
- 12 bed intensive care/acuity adaptable unit