The winners of the 2013 Nightingale Awards were announced at an awards ceremony recently at the Healthcare Design Conference in Orlando, according to an article on the Contract magazine website.
The Nightingale Awards recognize contribution to the healthcare built environment through product design and innovation that contributes to healing. The awards are sponsored by Contract in conjunction with the Healthcare Design Conference, The Center for Health Design, and the Vendome Group.
Named after Florence Nightingale, one of the judging criteria for the awards is the product’s contribution to a healing environment, according to the article. Other criteria include functionality, quality and durability, aesthetics and style, pricing, and innovation. The jurors are healthcare architects, interior designers, and facilities managers.
The 2013 winners are:
• Best of Competition: CF Stinson for Funnybone fabrics.
• Silver Award in Carpet: Mannington Commercial for Design Classics
• Gold Award in Carpet: Patcraft for Butterfly Effect
• Gold Award in Fabrics & Textiles: CF Stinson for Funnybone
• Silver Award in Flooring: Hard Surface & Resilient: Mondo for Kayar Flooring
• Gold Award in Flooring: Hard Surface & Resilient: Mannington Commercial for Enlighten
• Gold Award in Seating: Guest/Lounge: Aeris for muvman
• Gold Award in Window Shading & Treatments: MechoSystems for ZipGlide
Read the article.