Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has launched extensive protective measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus and keep patients, families and team members safe, according to an article on the WFMZ website.
With these measures in place, the hospital is encouraging families not to delay needed care for their children.
CHLA has launched several additional safety measures as well. These include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Daily health screenings for all team members and visitors when they enter the hospital
- Requiring everyone to wear a mask (except children under age 2)
- Creating more space between chairs and tables in waiting rooms and the cafeteria
- Posting reminders in key locations about social distancing and how to prevent the spread of infection